Welcome to the rear facing car seat campaign website from motors.co.uk. This website is here to educate you with the safety benefits in the UK of using rear facing car seats for your children. We have safety experts’ on-hand to add comments and opinions on rear facing car seats for group 0 and group 1. The website will also offer your guidance on how to find a rear facing child seat for your children along with safety instructions with how to fit it.
• It has been recognised by a range of accredited experts, including the British Medical Journal and ANEC, that rear facing car seats are up to five times safer for children
• Many experts recommend that children should be kept in Group 1 rear facing car seats until the age of four
• It is the legal guideline in the Nordics for children to be rear facing until the age of four
• The fatality figures for children under six years of age during a car collision are twice as high in the UK compared to Sweden
• However, 70% of UK’s parents are unaware that Group 1 rear facing car seats exist
• They can only currently be purchased from two high street retailers
• Many car seats manufacturers do not supply Group 1 rear facing car seats to the UK, whilst they are supplied to the rest of Europe